Breastfeeding Service Package
The purpose of the Breastfeeding Service Package is to give you, your baby and your partner personalised guidance with breastfeeding. Because the package begins during pregnancy, you will be confident to start breastfeeding when the time arrives. In the case that there are concerns or queries, a lactation consultant will always be available to assist you. With these services, we strive to ensure that your breastfeeding will be successful.
The Breastfeeding Services Package consists of the following:
- A breastfeeding course for you and your partner that consists of three evenings during the month before you are due (in the case that your partner can not attend, your mother or non-pregnant friend is welcome).
- One consultation at your home in the first two weeks after the birth.
- One follow-up consultation at our practice, six weeks after the birth.
- Telephone consultations as needed.
- Workshop “Combining Breastfeeding with Work” for you and your partner (in the case that your partner can not attend, your mother or non-pregnant friend is welcome).
Lactation consultations and care are covered by health insurers in the extras cover of the policies. You can find the health insurers who cover lactation consultations on the NVL website or inquire directly with your health insurance provider.